In attendance: Hanan Bell, John Dunne, Teresa Metzger-Howe, Koko Morgan, Linda O’Gara, Doug Potter, Dana Rosenbladt, Patricia Shannon-Garvey, and Gennie Winkler
October Minutes - approved
November & December Minutes - approved as amended
We have $6,075.83 in checking account and $5,057.16 in savings account. PayPal is set-up. Ten people used it to pay their dues and donate money for winter quarter. The expenses incurred with PayPal are minimum at this time. If they become too much, the board will look at ways to address it.
A request for a year-to-year comparison of the Symphony's finances was made. It would help the board visualize the Symphony's financial well-being. This might more difficult than it seems because of how the accounting program works.
Two grants have been received; $2,100 from 4Culture and $500 Seattle Arts and Culture. The grants given out every two-years.
The membership list needs to be updated on the website. Linda has been helping while George is absent.
New Rehearsal Venue
The symphony members were asked to comment on the rehearsal at the Music Center of the Northwest (MCNW) on Wednesday, February 4, 2015. The summary of the emails received was as follows: 16 people in favor, one against and one neutral. With the majority to people favoring MCNW, Gennie's' recommendation is to go forward with the move. Doug and Gennie will serve as the negotiating team to work with MCNW.
The issues that need to be addressed with the new potential venue are:
1. Storage - There might be room on the north side of the building, space behind the stage tub, or room in the office on the southwest corner of the building.
2. Parking - There is a little more room to park on the south-side of the building. The cars have to be parked behind each other, thus the drivers would have to coordinate their escape.
3. Lighting - MCNW has been talking to a lighting contractor to improve the lighting.
4. Membership Dues - The band currently using MCNW has members pay $55/quarter and NW Center gets 20% of that amount for rent. We will be negotiating financial details with the MCNW.
5. Chairs - might need to be purchase some.
Gennie and Doug will be the negotiate team to work with MCNW.
Next Board Meeting is May 6, 2015 at 6:30 pm.