In attendance: Hanan Bell, John Dunne, Teresa Metzger-Howe, Koko Morgan, Linda O’Gara, Kathleen O'Keeffe, Doug Potter, Dana Rosenbladt, Bruce Sherman, and Gennie Winkler
Kathy Lillie has agreed to be the Development Director. John will transition her into the position.
Board has approved the addition of a non-discrimination clause to add to the Symphony's By-laws.
Kathleen will post information on the MMR's Facebook and the Rain City Facebook pages to expand the orchestra's membership. There's a need for low brass (french horns, trombones and tuba), cellos, basses, and percussion.
To increase attendance at the concerts the Symphony's membership will be encourage to invite their friends and family. They are the best advertisers. Social media will also be used to invite others.
For the grants the Symphony's needs the number of attendees at the concerts. Elizabeth will be asked to do this.
The Symphony will join BMI and ASCAP through MCNW or directly when needed to farther expand the available music repertoire.
One Year Action Plan
1. Increase orchestral membership for needed sections through networking
2. Develop a plan for donor acknowledgement - Kathy, Kathleen, & Linda
3. Raise orchestral donations in lieu of due increase
4. Improve relationship with the MCNW
5. Track audience size
6. Update job positions
7. Identify additional roles
8. Create a succession plan for the recruiting new Board Members
Revised Five Year Plan
1. Have a full orchestra
2. Better stagecraft
3. Concert venue - open to improved location
4. Increase attendance at concerts
5. Eliminate barriers to expanding musical options
6. Better member participation in the orchestral operations
7. Increase donations network
8. Improve rehearsal space
Next meeting Wednesday, October 19, 2016 at 6:30 pm at MCNW.