Music will usually be available on this site (see below.) Music is also often available at www.imslp.org. However, music may not match the versions being used so it's better to use the downloads from this site. You might wish to look at IMSLP to see parts of the piece that are not being played by the Rain City Symphony.
How to print music from this site:
- Click on your instrument or instrument group below. Note that english horn parts are included with oboes, bass clarinet with clarinets, etc.
- You will be presented with an open folder with all the parts(files) for your instrument/group where you can click on the file to open it.
- You can then save or print it
- Alternatively, you can right click on a file name and save it directly to your computer
- Peter Klein has provided some helpful hints on how to resize music to fit on the page if you are having difficulties. Just download
the Peter's printing hints file. When you print your music, you may also wish to consider whether you want it single or double sided.
How to print music from imslp:
- After clicking on the link above, search for the piece by composer and then click on the "Parts" tab
- Find the part(s) you want and click on the part name (e.g. Oboe 1, 2)
- On the disclaimer page, click "I accept this disclaimer, continue to download file" - This brings up the part in your pdf viewer
- From the viewer, use the Print option - you may wish to think about whether you need all the pages and whether you want it single or double sided
For Winter 2020
Music for the winter quarter includes three pieces: Bernstein's Candide Overture, Walton's Orb and Sceptre Coronation March, and the second, third and fourth movements of Tchaikovsky's 3rd Symphony. If you downloaded the full symphony in the fall there is no need to download it again for winter. Nothing has changed. Bowed versions are now available for all music for all strings, however the bowings for the lower strings are subject to change for the Walton. Bowed parts have file names beginning with B-. Updated bowings for the low strings were added on Dec. 26 and marked final. We now have a complete score for the Walton and the 2nd and 3rd clarinet parts for that piece. Also the part set for the Walton has 2 trumpet parts but the score call for 3. Also the score calls for an English horn but that isn't in the score set. These parts will be created over the next few weeks if needed. Teresa's proposed tempi will be added when available.
For Fall 2019
Music for the fall quarter includes three pieces: Humperdinck's Hansel and Gretel Overture, Scenes from Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker and the first movement of Tchaikovsky's 3rd Symphony. Since we will be playing the entire symphony over the course of the year, the music for the full symphony are included even though we are currently only doing the first movement. Bowed versions are now available for all music for all strings. Bowed parts have file names beginning with B-. Transposed trumpet parts for the first movement of the symphony are now available.Teresa's proposed tempi are now available.